Caitlin Heaton, AuD
- Undergraduate: University of Rhode Island, B.S.
- Graduate: University of Cincinnati, Au.D.
- Fellow of American Academy of Audiology
- Member of the Connecticut Academy of Audiology
Internship and Externship Experience
- Externship: U-Mass Memorial Medical Center, June 2021-April 2022
- Cincinnati Veteran Affairs Hospital, January -May 2021
- Tri-Health Good Samaritan Hospital, August-December 2020
- UC Health, January-April 2020
- Vingerkraal Hearing Screening Clinic South Africa, October 2019
- Expert Hearing Clinic, LLC, August -December 2019
- Hearing Services of Kenwood June-August 2020; May-August 2019
- UC Speech and Hearing Clinic, August 2018-May 2019
- URI Speech and Hearing Center, September 2017- May 2018
- CT state Audiology license
Caitlin Heaton received her Bachelor of Science from the University of Rhode
Island and her Doctorate of Audiology from the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Heaton’s
interests include adult amplification, tinnitus management, and pediatric hearing tests.
In particular, she has a background in applied behavior therapy for children on the
autism spectrum, and Dr. Heaton continues to use this particular skill set and knowledge for
testing children of all ages.
While in school, Dr. Heaton became fascinated with the field of animal audiology
using auditory brainstem responses to determine hearing ranges in mammals. She
investigated the hearing range of animals at the Indianapolis zoo, South Africa and UC
Fetch Lab. Although the field of animal audiology remains small, Dr. Heaton hopes to
continue expanding the field by performing research with animal audiology here in CT.
Dr. Heaton is a licensed audiologist in the state of Connecticut, a fellow of the American
Academy of Audiology and a member of the Connecticut Academy of Audiology.