Richard Kyle Tilton, MD
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics | Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery Residency (June 2020)
- Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA | M.D. (May 2015)
- Calvin University, Grand Rapids, MI | B.S. biology, Spanish & biochemistry minors, honors program, (June 2008)
- Tilton RK, Hansen MR. Does the intracochlear position of an electrode array impact performance?. Laryngoscope. 2019 Mar 25. doi: 10.1002/lary.27944; PMID: 30908662.
- Salzano E, Raible SE, Kaur M, Wilkens A, Sperti G, Tilton RK, Bettini LR, Rocca A, Cocchi G, Selicorni A, Conlin LK, McEldrew D, Gupta R, Thakur S, Izumi K, Krantz ID. Prenatal profile of Pallister-Killian syndrome: Retrospective analysis of 114 pregnancies, literature review and approach to prenatal diagnosis. Am J Med Genet A. 2018 Oct 5.
- Rohacek A*, Bebee T*, Tilton RK*, Radens C, Roe C, Peart N, Kaur M, Zaykaner M, Cieply B, Musunuru K, Barash Y, Germiller JA, Krantz ID, Carstens R, Epstein D. ESRP1 mutations cause hearing loss due to defects in alternative splicing that disrupt cochlear development. Dev Cell. 2017 Nov; 43: 318–331. (*Co-first authors)
- Izumi K, Kellogg E, Fujiki K, Kaur M, Tilton RK, Noon S, Wilkens A, Shirahige K, Krantz ID. Elevation of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-2 level in PKS: implications for the postnatal growth retardation phenotype. Am J Med Genet A. 2015 Jun; 167(6):1268-74.
- Tilton RK, Wilkens A, Krantz ID, Izumi K. 2014. Cardiac manifestations of Pallister– Killian syndrome. Am J Med Genet A. 2014 May; 164A (5):1130-5.
- ESRP1 mutations are a novel cause of bilateral sensorineural hearing loss associated with dysplasia of the lateral semicircular canals. Assoc for Research in Otolaryngology (ARO) MidWinter Meeting in Baltimore, 2/11/2017. (Poster)
- What is the 3C Syndrome and What Causes It? Am J Med Genet A. 2015 Aug; 167A:1685–1740. 35th David Smith Malformations & Morphogenesis. (Oral)
- Utilization of exome sequencing for diagnosis and discovery of genetic causes of SNHL. AAO-HNSF Annual Meeting, Orlando, 9/21/2014. (Poster)
- Applying exome sequencing as a diagnostic test for sensorineural hearing loss in children. PAO-HNS state meeting, Hershey, PA, 6/13/2014. (Oral)
- Whole exome sequencing as a diagnostic tool for pediatric diagnoses: bilateral SNHLas a model. Ped Acad Soc, Vancouver, 5/3/2014. (Oral)
- Using whole exome sequencing to identify the genetic causes of the craniocerebellocardiac (3C) syndrome. ACMG, Nashville, March 26-28, 2014. (Poster)
Honors & Awards
- University of Iowa Otolaryngology R5 Resident Teaching Award (2020)
- Selected by faculty as a chief resident (2019-2020)
- Robert R. Updegraft Resident Travel Grant Award (2018)
- ARO travel award at the MidWinter Meeting in Baltimore, MD (2017)
- Bernard & Max Ronis Award: commendable interest & aptitude in ENT at Temple University (2015)
- Outstanding Poster Award at the AAO-HNSF annual meeting in Orlando, FL (2014)
- Francis W. Davison Award: best oral presentation, PAO-HNS annual meeting in Hershey, PA (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Research and American Pediatric Society Student Research Grant (2013)